Information You Provide to UsWe collect information from you, such as first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our service. We also may retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your account. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail. When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information. We also collect other types of personal information and demographic information that you provide to us voluntarily. We (or our payment service provider) collect your credit card or other payment account billing information when you purchase Digital Content, such as your first and last name, billing address, credit card number, security code, and expiration date.
Public Areas and Other Sharing Features
- Public Areas. We display your user name and public profile information when you post Public Content on public areas on the edRNA Service (e.g., forums, blogs, or other community features) (“Public Areas”). Your user name, public profile information, and Public Content can be seen by other users of the Service.
- Social Sharing.The Application permits you to choose to share your User Content (“Shared Content”) with other users of the Service. As you make changes to your Shared Content, any users you have chosen to share with will automatically receive updated versions of your Shared Content
- Statistics. The Application permits you to choose to share certain statistics about your use of Digital Content (e.g., how long you read each chapter) with other users of the Service. As you use your Digital Content, any users you have chosen to share your statistics with will automatically receive updates of your statistics.
- Other Users. You should be aware that when you use Public Areas, posts Public Content, sends emails or other messages to other users, or shares notes, other User Content, or statistics with other users, that information can be read, collected, used, or further disclosed by other users. We are not responsible for how other users read, collect, use, or further disclose your information.
- Forums: Our Site and Apps offer community forums and discussion boards. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How We Use Your InformationWe use your personal information to:
- Create your account and identify you on our system;
- Provide you with, operate, and improve the Service and Application;
- Respond to your requests, comments and questions and provide you with customer service;
- Provide you with contextual advertisements on the Service and Application and perform market research;
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Service and Application;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications; and
- Send you e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you, such as new features and services, special offers, and updated information, and for other marketing purposes for us or other companies (“Newsletters”).
How We Share Your InformationWe do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- As described in Section 3 (Public Areas and Other Sharing Features).
- With our third party service providers who provide support for the internal operations of the Service and Application and who do not use or disclose personal information for any other purpose.
- If we have a good faith belief that disclosure of your personal information is necessary to: (i) protect the security or integrity of the Service or Application; (ii) take precautions against our liability; (iii) respond to judicial process; (iv) to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety; or (v) protect the safety of a user.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous InformationWe may also use and share aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose and in any manner. This anonymous data we share may include non-personally identifiable data that we create using your personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in e-mails you receive from us or by contacting us directly at the contact information below. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it will affect how our Site and Services work for you.
- Changes to Personal Information. You may change some of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within the Service. You may also request changes or deletions by e-mailing us at the e-mail address set forth below. We will respond to your request, when permitted by law, within 30 days. We may be unable to delete information that resides in our archives.
- Security of Your Personal Information. edRNA takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that edRNA cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any content you post while using the Services is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on our Site or Apps, you can contact us at the contact information set forth below.
SecurityedRNA takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, edRNA cannot guarantee its absolute security.